11 November 2010

Ronda y Malaga

So I'm a little behind on this whole blog thing, but here's my blog about the Ronda/Malaga trip. Stay tuned for Morocco and Paris soon! :) 

I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about our excursion to Ronda and Malaga (our last experience with Malaga wasn’t so great…see previous blog) but since it’s included in the program price and we got to stay at a 4* hotel, we decided to go.
After a few hour bus ride we had arrived in the white coastal town of Ronda. We met with our guide, a cute little Spanish man with a love for his hometown—he was so excited to show us around! First stop: an overlook of the gorgeous valley and mountains. The weather was beautiful and after a little time under the sun I was excited to be there. We saw the famous bullring (no bull fight today though), an old house with a beautiful garden, and the arab baths—a quintessential part of the Moorish towns. 


Ronda's bull ring






Nikki y yo!

Then we were back on the bus and off to Malaga. On the bus ride Nikki and I caught a glimpse of a little street market so after checking into the hotel we made our way back…it was our favorite market so far, and I got a belated birthday present! Then we explored the centro comercial located right next to the market for a bit more shopping. Then Nikki treated me to a belated birthday/one-month celebratory dinner at an Italian restaurant and we had raviolis with pesto…so delicious! We turned in early and I took my first bubble bath in who knows how long…it was luscious. Sometimes the simple things in life are the greatest...
So excited for Italian!


Reppin the UCLA pride!



The next day we were off again exploring the mini-version of the Alhambra and the gigantic Cathedral. Afterwards we had a little free time so we grabbed some lunch (kebabs), shopped a bit, and then decided to head towards the beach. On the way Nikki made a friend (a cat) and I had to drag her away, but the weather was perfect for a day at the beach and we enjoyed a little sun. Despite our initial impressions, we had a great day in Malaga before heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment