19 October 2010

Soakin' Up the Sun in Nerja


The first weekend of October was our last for sure promise of good weather, so what do you do when there’s a promise of blue skies? Plan a beach day of course! After the stress of figuring out buses, with bathing suits and bocadillos in hand we were ready for a relaxing day at the beach!
Two hours later we were stepping out into paradise! The water was blue, the weather warm, and we had a little section of beach almost entirely to ourselves (there were a few exceptions of course: including, to our surprise, a couple topless beachgoers…oh when in Europe!) We were so excited to jump in to the crystal clear Mediterranean Sea (especially my Ohio-native friends who aren’t so lucky as to be near the ocean)! It was cold…though not as cold as Santa Monica and with such a hot day it was refreshing. I managed to suck it up, get over the cold and decided to swom over to a little cove where I spent some time exploring. Meanwhile Nikki and Becki looked on from the safety of the warm beach.
Rick Steves suggested going to the Balcon de Europa so with some time still left before our bus back to Granada we said goodbye to the gorgeous beach and decided to grab a snack. I ordered a chocolate batido (which means beaten or stirred) so I was expecting a chocolate milkshake; much to my chagrin it was chocolate milk…no shake involved. I definitely won’t make that mistake again! Then we continued on through the quaint beach town with all the white buildings until we reached the balcony with its awesome panoramic views. It was the perfect ending to a rejuvenating day.
 

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I’d like to issue a retraction of my address on my first blog. Well not a retraction exactly but an addition…I changed it now, but if you do send something, don’t forget España! I didn’t have that earlier on there because I copied the address straight from the list they gave us and it was obvious we were all in España. Sorry for that confusion! I do love mail :)

    ReplyDelete